Jewish Services, Celebrations and Observances in Your Home
Would you like to organize and host a service, celebration or observance?
Cantor Jacqui will come to your home (or alternative venue) and lead the community in music and prayer.
- Email email@example.com to check Cantor Jacqui’s availability on your proposed date.
- Send a message to the community via the Ahava community listserv announcing your event and how many you can accommodate. (If your event reaches capacity, please send a follow-up message stating the event is full.)
- Confirm with Cantor Jacqui that there is enough interest and that the event will take place.
Events you may enjoy hosting:
- Celebrate Shabbat with a potluck dinner & all-music Shabbat service!
- Observe Shabbat and commemorate a loved one’s yahrtzeit (the anniversary of one’s death).
- Commemorate a loved one’s yahrtzeit on a day other than Shabbat.
- Offer solace to those in need of physical or emotional healing with a healing service. Can be held anytime.
- Celebrate Sukkot with friends and family after building a sukkah (a temporary shelter) in your backyard! [In 2017, Sukkot is 10/4-10/11]
- Blessing of the Animals gathering on Shabbat Noach (the Sabbath when the Torah portion Noah is read). [In 2017, Noah will be read on 10/21]
- Celebrate Chanukah with friends and family! [In 2017, Chanukah is 12/12-12/19]
- Celebrate Rosh Chodesh (the new moon/beginning of the new month in the Jewish calendar). Can be lovingly combined with a women’s celebration of a girl reaching the onset of menarche.
[In 2017, Rosh Chodesh falls on 6/24-25, 7/24, 8/22-23, 10/20-21, 11/19, and 12/18-19.]
Follow/Like On Facebook
All donations to Ahava are fully tax deductible, including the cost of High Holy Day tickets. We thank you for your consideration and generosity.
Dear Cantor Jacqui
You have become a very important person to me. At first, I was nervous about singing in front of you, but you made me feel confident and more sure of myself. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful! Thank you for inspiring me and for being such a wonderful teacher.
-Fondly, Alex G
Every now and again you meet someone who changes your life. While we are sure Natasha is too young to realize it - you have changed hers. A year ago we brought you a child full of potential but lacking the confidence to realize it. You have given her that and it is a gift that should last a lifetime. By extension you have also touched all of our lives. We are forever grateful.
Michele FS & Michael F
I am so lucky to have had you as my tutor. We laughed a lot, and your calm way of doing everything made me feel so comfortable and at ease about everything. I will miss coming to see you every week.
-Love, Sarah B