Jewish Learning in Your Home
Would you like to host a learning pod?
If you have 2-6 youngsters approximately the same age, Ahava will come to your home and teach the group. See sample course topics below.
- Learning pods can meet weekly, biweekly or monthly.
- Learning pods can meet for the duration of a full school year, for one semester only, for one quarter only, or even one time only for a special event!
- Learning pods will be taught by Cantor Jacqui or by another qualified teacher, and will be tailored to the needs and wants of the group.
- You choose the subjects and decide the schedule!
Sample Course topics:
- Jewish Music
- Jewish Holidays
- Jewish Humor
- Jewish Heroes
- Jewish History
- Jewish Cooking
- Being a Mensch (a person of integrity and honor)
- Hebrew Reading
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah and other Prayers and Blessings
- Trope (melodies for chanting the Bible)
- Mitzvah Project Planning
Subscribe to Ahava's Blog
Have Ahava's newsletter/blog and other communications delivered to your inbox!
Ahava is a 501c3 organization, and all donations are fully tax deductible. We thank you for your consideration and generosity!
Dear Cantor Jacqui
Every now and again you meet someone who changes your life. While we are sure Natasha is too young to realize it - you have changed hers. A year ago we brought you a child full of potential but lacking the confidence to realize it. You have given her that and it is a gift that should last a lifetime. By extension you have also touched all of our lives. We are forever grateful.
Michele FS & Michael F
The service was so beautiful! Jacqui, your voice is amazing. We couldn't have asked for a more meaningful service. Many people came up to us and said it was the best Bat Mitzvah service they had ever been to. Many of these comments came from Conservative Jewish uncles to Protestant and Catholic friends. Everyone felt welcome and part of the service. Thank you so much for giving Maddy the knowledge and confidence to do such an amazing job. We are so blessed and grateful. Thank you, thank you.
I still think of you, your special patience, sensitivity, natural intuition, and genuine understanding of Eric which enabled you to work with him so successfully. You stuck with him and influenced him to turn things around from not really wanting to do it to ‘wowing’ his family and friends. So thank you - for all you do!